Friday, February 5, 2010

Gaffer Tape


Today at LizardlandVideo.com we are going to talk about Gaffers Tape. I have a couple examples above. Not only does it sick to everything in the Phoenix Video Production community it makes a great ball to play with on the set. The producer is generally in control of the ball. So where did gaff tape come from? Once again we travel back to war time and discover that the government commissioned Permacel, a division of Johnson & Johnson at the time, to create a water proof tape. Permacel was sold to a company in Japan but I am happy to report that it is now back in the good old USA. I have seen gaffers tape used for everything on the set including fixing pants. Another reason behind the name is from another company that produced it called Gaffa. I have thought often about taping the entire crew together with Gaff tape. Much like en episode of The Muppet Show where the entire crew was super glued together. I also have had the thought to gaff tape the mouths of all the grips. Less random ideas floating around the set. I am sure the have a society for the prevention of cruelty to grips and gaffers somewhere. Oh well I digress. Here at Lizardland Flim Video HD we treat our crew with the utmost respect. It's late as I drift off into dreams of world domination with gaffers tape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment