Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sand Bags

Well sorry to be away for so long. Things got a little hectic at Lizardland Film Video HD there for awhile. Since I mentioned Sand Bags in my last post I have decided to write about them. You may think they are too trivial to write about but you must have them on the set. They come in a few different sizes but the most common are 15 and 35 pounds. The 35 pound is called a Ball Buster. I have carried these frequently and have no balls so this term obviously came about before female grips. You can buy these empty with velcro or zippers. I have used these to travel and filled them with rocks, dirt or sand off the beach. These ones are a bit of a pain in the studio as they tend to leak. When you buy them they are filled with sand or lead pellets. Another term used for them in Phoenix Video Production circles is Silent Grip. You can hang them from the head on  C-stand. They also make good door stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment